Presentations, Public Speaking and Meetings
Getting your voice heard
This two hour practical workshop will look at:
- Getting out of your own way - making the message the main event:
- Focussing on your audience.
- Knowing what you want your message to be.
- Knowing what you want your audience to do and feel.
- Tackling nerves - learning how to harness the energy they bring:
- Body language.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses.
- Structure - why stories work and how to create the content you need:
- Creating compelling content.
- How to begin and end.
- Pitfalls to avoid.
You will have the opportunity to be filmed and to get personalised feedback via email after the event.
Suitable for all levels of experience.
Facilitator: Helen Grady
Helen works as a professional development consultant for Verndale Systems Ltd providing training in presentation skills and public speaking. Helen is a professional actor (including working for the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon and in the West End) and has teaching and directing experience. She is an adjudicator for the British and International Federation of Festivals with a specialism in speech and drama.