Sam Hardy | Wednesday, August 5th, 2020
HMRC required a Digital Transformation team to provide integration services for new HMRC Digital Services.
- Worked in conjunction with in-house & third-party suppliers to collaboratively create Brexit-critical Digital Services; leveraging existing legacy systems and new bespoke & COTS applications; for the Customs domain.
- Established integrations with European Union (EU) systems: facilitating the continued reuse of EU data across legacy HMRC systems; digitising services where appropriate.
- Created Digital Services for the Brexit-critical Border Systems Programme; including: Passengers, Parcels & Northern Ireland.
- Created multi-disciplinary Scrum Teams comprising: a Scrum Master, a Technical Business Analyst (acting as pseudo-Product Owner), a Lead Developer, two Senior Developers and an Automated Tester.
- Created an Agile Backlog (leveraging JIRA) in conjunction with the wider Customs Declaration Service Programme team to operate in a Scaled Agile Framework environment.
- Provided Architectural and DevOps support; adding governance through JIRA workflows.
- Standardised software development using Maven.
- Enforced coding best practises using SonarQube.
- Adopted a Test Driven Approach, automating functional testing using SOAP-UI and non-functional testing using JMeter.
- Created a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery system using Jenkins pipelines.
Our consultants successfully delivered Digital Services through collaboration with in-house & third-party teams.