| Tuesday, January 8th, 2019
Darrel is a dedicated and driven ITIL Service Management & Project Management professional with extensive experience gained within key Service Management, Technical Management and Project roles, covering: Senior Stakeholder Management; Programme Management ; CSI Management; Incident Management; Problem Management; Change and Release Management; Capacity Management; Access Management; Event Management; Service Asset and Configuration Management; Management of DVLA datacentres; Monthly Reporting; Service Transition; Infrastructure Management; Project Management; DevOps.
He has significant recent experience in Service Management and earlier experience in Networking, Infrastructure and man managed of teams of up to 20 engineers.
Client summary: DVLAHM Revenue & CustomsIBMDVLAFujitsu ServicesOceaneering InternationalVarious Positions (Apr 92 to Mar 07)
HM Revenue & Customs
- MDG BSP Programme Manager – Border Systems Programme
- Delivery of several projects that form the Border Systems Programme and non-boarder’s projects I have the responsibility of 3 scrum teams working for me to deliver the following projects and provide forward view on the MDG landscape changes going forward.
- Parcels – Changes to how parcels flow into the UK; Passengers – Changes to how border controls work when entering the UK; Move Goods Excise – Excise duty changes; Tariff and Quotas – Changes to how calculations are made; Safety & Security; Northern Ireland; Move Goods Transit
- Main responsibilities: Programme management; Resourcing; Developed and owned the end to end plan; Senior Stakeholder Management; Kanban board management; Scrum; AWS migration planning and project management; Liaising with different teams within HMRC; Liaising with 3rd parties, such as core out sourcing supplier; Produce weekly status reports; Manage other project dependencies to ensure no impact to our project and to live service; Prepare contingency and work-around plans when needed; Risk & Issues Management
- Before the initial cutover I was heavily involved with the IBM project to transition the service to the cloud based solution. We were working in a high pressured tight deadline environment with senior Government focus looking at how the migration preformed as this was the first Government migration of this type, the mainframe holds all the United Kingdom’s Driving Records so it’s critical Government National Infrastructure.
- During the period of transition I was working within a “green field” site for IBM and I had to put in all the processes for: Incident Management; Problem Management; Change Management; Access Management
- Setup a Service Desk and all the process around that had to be defined.
- Since the transition I’m dealing with general Service Management activities at a senior level, providing Monthly Reviews for both the mainframe service and at a governance level for senior member of staff within the DVLA, which can involve commercial issues.
- Senior Service Governance Manager
- Worked with the outgoing supplier and IBM to transfer the mainframe service to a cloud based mainframe.
- Stakeholder management working between the parties to resolve the disputes that occurred, setting up knowledge transfer sessions, ensuring all documentation was being received and dealing with the commercial issues that arose.
- Provide the cutover planning and plan. I worked closely with the customer and suppliers to develop the plan. A few weeks before the cutover I was approached by IBM to work for them on the cloud solution. Both Concentrix and DVLA were happy with this as I could provide IBM with additional detail on the customers’ requirements and concerns.
- Providing a Service Governance role ensure the contract obligations were being met and to manage the Fujitsu Services Elements of the contract. Over seeing the Incident / Problem Management & Change offering being provided by our 3rd party company.
- Chair the CSI Meetings with the customer
- Managed Major incidents for the DVLA when require
- Leveraging previous DVLA and Service experience to assist DVLA in planning the Transition of key IT Services back in house.
- Facilitate workshops to develop the process and procedures required to transition the Services in the most effective least risk manner.
- Negotiate the extension of specific key services (Mainframe) that could not be securely transitioned within the target timeframe.
- Responsible for all aspects of the ongoing Mainframe Managed Service which enables Critical Government Systems, such as Driver and Vehicle Licensing.
- Assurance of the sub-contractor Statement of Works and Service Descriptions to underpin Both Mainframe and Network Security Service delivery.
- Management of Service performance to Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Manage Supplier relationships and carry out service reviews, with an emphasis on service improvement and achievement of key business benefits
- Chaired Change Release board
- Lead Customer Service Delivery Manager (Client DVLA)
- Responsible for all the Mainframe, Wintel, Unix and Network and Firewall services Infrastructure and Business to Business Gateway service
- Specific responsibility for the Business Gateway which handles all internal and external traffic (SFTP and Web Services) with both customers and other Government departments.
- Participate in solution review boards for new solutions and change to ensure all service management areas are covered and identify any potential changes in the service risk profile
- Manage all infrastructure related changes
- Active engagement in the Change Release board to assess any impact of changes on live service
- Manage Service performance to Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Manage Supplier relationships and carry out service reviews
- Hold risk management reviews with the business.
- CSI reviews
- Management and development of Service Delivery Managers
- Customer Service Delivery Manager – Drivers Electronic Services
- Driver Electronic Services allows the public to apply for their driver licences online and provides an enquiry checking service for enforcement of agencies and Government Organisations. This is a Critical Government service and operates 24*7 365 days a year, processing millions of transactions annually.
- Created a standard monthly service review pack that become the standard template for all service reviews
- Create the CSI template that would be used by all service managers going forward
- Customer Facing Operations Manager
- Responsible for a team of 42 engineers covering the Unix, SAN and Wintel elements of the DVLA systems and all the HR related activities that were part of that role
- Planned and managed several critical public facing systems which run 365 24*7.
- Introduced continuous service improvement and fault trend monitoring.
- Worked closely with the Service Delivery and Project communities to ensure delivery of the services are within SLA and time scales for project deadlines.
- Worked with the DVLA to transition Service Now Tooling into the estate
- Incident & Problem Manager / Engineering Team Manager
- Fujitsu provided a fully managed outsource to the Government Office to support over 3,000 users across regional offices within England.
- Split Engineering Team Manager and Service Management role managing a team of 20 engineers whilst carrying out the Incident and Problem Management role.
- Managed the 3rd party contracts and monthly service reviews. Specifically, responsible for the commercial relationship with Cable & Wireless and Lexmark.
- Responsible for engineers within the HBOS and Lloyds TSB accounts split over many offices in Wales and England.
- Dealing with HR issues.
- Regional IT Manager
- Based in Dubai managing a team of engineers world-wide.
- Focused on the integration of IT into the Remotely Operated Vehicle division.
- Achieved major cost savings by negotiating improved satellite communication prices and stream-lining the integration of IT.
- Technical Support.
- Stakeholder Management