| Thursday, January 9th, 2020
World-class project management experience in IT applications and service design. Recognised by industry executives for improving functionality, streamlining business operations, handling multi-discipline teams and providing advanced capabilities to different clients in global marketplaces. Consistently met project deadlines and exceed client expectations, while thriving on growth-oriented challenges.
Key skills in: Full Project Lifecycle Management, Agile/ Kanban/ Waterfall, Cyber Security, Costing/ Budgeting Business Change, Risk Management, Team Mentoring, Stakeholder Relations, Technical Analysis
Client summary: Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN)People Source Consulting (HMRC)BarclaysLEO Learning (Civil Service Learning (CSL))Home Office (Border Force)Royal MailEvolving AgencyTrader Media Group, BoILastminuteNTT Data
Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) (March 2019 - Present)
- Delivered the gap analysis of ISO27001 certification using a 3rd party after severe resistance from the stakeholders on the reason for the certification and general priority of time issue.
- Was a key player in delivering a process to embed BitSight security ratings for remediation, third party security assurance and M&A.
- Rolled out a Proof of Concept (PoC) of Microsoft Unified Labelling in a DAN subsidiary in Nigeria.
- Managed the collection of key metrics and built an Executive Dashboard to understand the security risk on DAN.
- Embedded the third-party security assurance in Global Supplier Assurance process.
- Gave a project management wraparound to delivering an Acceptance Use Policy by the Security Communications team.
People Source Consulting (HMRC) (April 2018 - March 2019)
- Led several integration projects to develop the middleware of Parcels, Passengers, Tariff & Quota and Northern Ireland journeys after EU Exit (Brexit).
- The teams were managed across 3 teams delivering projects on agile methodology.
- Showed effective coordination with the HMRC digital and Capgemini backend teams.
- Was responsible for managing the budget, communication and planning of the entire programme.
- Showed excellent governance by handing over the live projects to the transition team and managing an Early Life Support to the projects.
Barclays (September 2016 - March 2018)
- Led several Cyber Security initiatives in the bank as part of the team of Barclays International (BI) Chief Information Security Office (CISO).
- Ran a programme to make a dozen applications General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant and protect their incoming traffic against malicious attacks by deploying Cyber Attack Monitoring (CAM) on them.
- Managed the development of a Target Operating Model (TOM) and the setup of a ‘Cyber Assurance Team’ function to provide an independent assurance and reporting function on the status of Cyber Security initiatives within the bank.
- Worked with the Run-the-bank (RTB) to delivery remediation to Operating System vulnerabilities and delivered a process to check and remediate on an ongoing basis.
- Started a project on hold due to stalemate between teams and rolled out a strategic tool to manage Secure Shell (SSH) keys across the bank.
- Using Agile Central (Rally) as a tool to manage project activities, coached others in the team on how to run agile projects. Participated in Barclays Agile ‘Centre of Excellence’.
- Facilitated ‘Agile’ adoption Retrospective for the organization with the leadership and guided teams with outcome resulting in enhanced performance.
LEO Learning (Civil Service Learning (CSL)) (March 2016 - August 2016)
- Anurag delivered several Minimum Viable Product (MVP) projects to Civil Service Learning (CSL) using Government Digital Standards (GDS).
- Showed outstanding stakeholder management skills working with 8 companies which formed a consortium to deliver the projects to CSL.
- He was instrumental in setting up a process to deliver the projects in a collaborative Agile and Kanban methodologies. Coached both the client and consortium members of agile activities.
- Anurag was working in a triple role of a client facing Project Manager, a Service Delivery Manager to provide an effective BAU service to the e-learning platform and a Scrum Master to manage the team.
Home Office (Border Force) (August 2015 - February 2016)
- Anurag led the Discovery of a Business Change project leading to a complete change in the way Border Force (part of Home Office) processes are built including IT Transformation.
- Set up governance across the programme including RACI, weekly reporting and an approval structure using Home Office Projects Gating Board (Alpha, Beta and Live).
- Led the work on requirements and getting a formal approval to create a Target Operating Model (TOM).
Royal Mail (2013 - 2015)
- Project Manager
Evolving Agency (2010 - 2013)
- Project Manager
Trader Media Group, BoI (2005 - 2010)
- Project Manager
Lastminute (2002 - 2005)
- Team Leader/Senior Developer
NTT Data (1998 - 2002)
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- ITIL Foundation v3
- MBA - Project Management - University of Liverpool
- B.Eng. - Instrumentation & Controls (Computers) - University of Delhi (India)