Terry Beavis | Monday, August 12th, 2019
HMRC required a new agile team to provide integration services for new HMRC Digital Services.
- Created a multi-disciplinary Scrum Team comprising: a Scrum Master, a Technical Business Analyst (acting as pseudo-Product Owner), a Lead Developer, two Senior Developers and an Automated Tester.
- Created an Agile Backlog (leveraging JIRA) in conjunction with the wider Customs Declaration Service Programme team to operate in a Scaled Agile Framework environment.
- Setup Scrum ceremonies (Daily Stand-up, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Show-and-Tells, Retrospectives) to develop Digital Services inline with Programme/Corporate objectives.
- Provided Architectural and DevOps support; adding governance through JIRA workflows.
- Standardised software development using Maven.
- Enforced coding best practises using SonarQube.
- Adopted a Test Driven Approach, automating functional testing using SOAP-UI and non-functional testing using JMeter.
- Created a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery system using Jenkins pipelines.
- Scaled the team to encompass multiple teams across multiple programmes:
- Customs Declaration Service – eight Scrum Teams.
- Border Systems Programme – three Scrum Teams.
- Multi Annual Strategic Plan – one Scrum Team.
- Improved efficiency through Lean techniques and adopting templating for Features/User Stories in JIRA.
- Provided agile estimates for programme/project planning.
- Led integration of legacy, COTS and bespoke systems in multi-vendor environment.
Our consultants produced integration services more efficiently than the incumbent supplier; leveraging their experience in agile.
Filed under: Agile Adoption, Case Study, Solutions