| Wednesday, January 30th, 2019
Over 15 years work experience with major UK financial organisations, government clients and multinational organisations. Gained a high degree of technical and analysis expertise as a senior BA/Product Owner, with expertise in application development, deployment, and infrastructure related projects.
Strong Data analysis skills with excellent experience in SQL Server, Oracle and non-SQL technologies. Thorough knowledge of the full software development life cycle, ranging from the role of the business analyst, through design, architecture, development, deployment and testing. Previous experience working as a senior developer/architect.
An Agile practitioner with expertise in running scrums/sprints and retrospective/planning meetings, and conducting workshops to perform business requirements gathering
Several years of strong experience of team lead/management, project management, control and stakeholder management.
The ability to work closely with clients, both based on-site and remotely, whilst providing a professional face for the organisation.
Client summary: Ladbrokes CoralDepartment for EducationHM Revenue & CustomsJefferies Investment BankBarclays BankBank of TokyoMarks and SpencerWuaki on site at Play.comTSL LondonPearson
Ladbrokes Coral (Oct 18 - Present)
- Supporting development of new retail and digital outlets for sports betting and gambling. Leading a development team of 3 developers and 2 business analysts.
- Involved in business case justification, technical/non-technical stakeholder management, technology evaluation, requirements gathering, architecture and design, and project management.
Department for Education (Jun 18 - Oct 18)
- Working as a lead senior digital BA on building a suite of services to support prospective teachers and qualified teachers across the UK.
- Responsible for managing stakeholder relationships, preparing business case justification, project plans, gathering clearly defined requirements for these services by interviewing the stakeholders, converting business language and terminology into technical specifications, preparing technical stories and acceptance criteria, and also supporting the developers and test teams.
- I have produced a baselined IDD specifications document that provides a one stop place for the technical team members, architects and delivery managers to understand the functional and non-functional requirements attached to a specific API. This document also contains technical analysis of the service, request/response, error/exceptions, valid protocols, XSDs for validating schema, permitted protocols, and list of acceptance criteria.
- Work very closely with the architects and solution designers to ensure services adhere to the GDS standards.
- Expert in using Agile, Scrum and Kanban to manage the project teams, product backlog and requirements gathering.
- Draw up AS-IS and TO-Be processes and technical designs using UML, Visio and Gliffy software. Systems analysis using flow charts, data flow diagrams, reading code, and conducting user interviews and workshops.
- Support test teams in writing automated tests for testing the APIs.
- Stakeholder management at all levels. Active participation in testing, tracking bugs and supporting live releases.
HM Revenue & Customs (Jul 17 - Jun 18)
- Lead BA cum Architect on a large-scale platform transformation project migrating legacy messaging platform to modern Apache Camel, and microservices based architecture.
- Managing a team of 6 developers, 3 business analysts and 2 testers.
- Perform technical analysis of the existing APIs by producing AS-IS documentation and sequence flows. Also, participate in the technical design of the new solution, and produce TO-BE pictures. I also support work of other BAs, review test scripts, and code automated functional test scripts.
- Prepare and groom sprint backlogs for the development teams.
- Engaged in various aspects of project management such as Resource Planning, Ball park estimation, Initial Project Setup and budgeting for Time and Expense.
- Working alongside technical architects and lead developers by providing service specifications for development and testing. Also, working very closely with scrum master, project managers and development lead to understand and monitor various aspects of the product development.
- Building UML sequence flow diagrams, activity diagrams, and use cases to support business analysis.
- Agile expert in creating technical user stories, planning and running workshops, organising development sprints and running daily scrums.
- Defined current and future business processes and performed gap analysis.
- Built requirements traceability matrix to match user needs with the product development. Prepared Implementation roadmaps for the set of APIs.
Jefferies Investment Bank (Feb 17 - Jun 17)
- Worked as a Technical BA/Product owner on the Middle Office applications for the trading platform. Led and Supported development of integration technologies using SOA, REST, API design and ETL technologies such as SSIS.
- Worked on implementation of a Greenfields project that involves both CRM dynamics and CMS.
- Acted as a Lead BA and product owner in ensuring correct specifications are gathered, analysed and developed in a timely fashion. Worked closely with scrum master, project managers and development lead to understand and monitor various aspects of product development.
- Process, gap analysis, project management and team lead experience.
- Active participation is system integration testing using various windows tools.
- Maintaining various work-streams in various stages of development using primarily Agile methodology and the scrum process. Involved in both green fields and maintenance development tasks.
Barclays Bank (Feb 14 - Dec 16)
- Technical leadership on a number of projects relating to regulatory reporting, client onboarding, HR, Salesforce, fixed assets, and back office clearance. Mentored and supported team of offshore developers.
- Build interfaces relating to API design and development using both SOA and REST.
- Responsible for setting up the deployment pipeline using Team-city, Perforce source control and Nolio (UAT deployment tool).
- Supported the Agile practices by advising on the right tools to use, grooming the backlog and supporting the sprint planning sessions.
- Participate in architectural and design decisions, peer reviews and guiding other developers on the team.
- Testing using unit tests, and TDD. API testing using windows tools. Participated in Automation testing, and performance testing.
Bank of Tokyo (Jul 13 - Jan 14)
- Worked in the market risk and credit risk applications as a Senior Developer/ product owner.
- I supported development of various web based and some desktop applications within the market risk and credit risk domain. These applications manage customer data, customer contracts, issues security ids and passwords, and also perform updates on lending. Gained exposure to VAR risk, monte Carlo and risk specific measures.
- Technically led a team of 8 onsite developers.
- Developed a service-oriented solution using WCF, and REST. Develop SQL server stored procedures and functions to provide backend functionality.
- Competent use of both TDD and BDD.
Marks and Spencer (Apr 13 - Jun 13)
- Building a kiosk based application using C#, WPF, MVC4 Restful API, WCF, and Azure.
Wuaki on site at Play.com (Nov 12 - Feb 13)
- Integration project between play.com and Wuaki systems using MVC4 and .Net 4.5 frameworks.
TSL London (Jun 12 - Oct 12)
- Developed an eCommerce website selling services to teachers within UK.
- As a Senior Developer, I am involved in the following activities Design –Using design pattern such as Command Query, Singleton and Proxy etc. for new websites and for refactoring the legacy solutions.
- Performance testing using JMeter.
- Conducted workshops for requirements gathering using agile practices, also ran sprint planning and retrospective sessions.
Pearson (Nov 03 - Mar 12)
- .Net Developer
- Developed several In-house backend processes and procedures with main ones being Diploma qualifications, Post results services, Results and Entries processes.
- Led development on project that built the Edexcel Diploma qualification.
- Coded on 2 platforms i.e. iSeries (IBM), and .Net to build very useful backend stored procedures using DB2 and SQL programming along with standard C# programming.
- Project managed a small team of 3 developers for 1 year for Diploma project.
- Masters in Business Administration
- Masters Diploma in Information Technology